Thursday, September 11, 2008
24 hours of Honesty
I can't say that twenty-four hours of not telling anyone a lie was all that difficult for me. I am sure almost everyone has heard the saying "the truth hurts." That's policy I try to live by, which usually gives me the reputation of being brutally honest. Some things have to be softened if they are too hurtful, but it is still important to be honest. As for why I find it important in a collegic setting? Well, I have been in the situation I am sure many can relate to, whether they were on the receiving end or the supplying end. It is that position of having been given an assignment and seeing at least five people in the class turn and look at you because they know that you will not have any problem at all with it. Now it may not play out that way exactly in college, but most of us know that feeling. Who enjoys it? Not me. If you can make it through this phase of your life on your own intelligence, knowing it is your work that got you that got you this far, it will be one of the greatest accomplishments of your life. The confidence boost is unimaginable at this point for me. Not to mention the security of the knowledge that you can handle just about any job in your field of study. But maybe that's just me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree, you will enter the workforce with a great deal of confidence knowing you completed your work in college all on your own.
I agree and I definitely say all the time that sometimes the truth hurts.
Post a Comment