Monday, September 22, 2008

Third Bill

As we all know the residence halls are named by their floor numbers, such as first Williams or second Morris. My room is located on third Bill, also known as third Williams. I have heard that other halls have had problems and tension. However, I have not had this experience on third Bill. Though we rarely abide by quiet hours, few of us feel any animosity towards each other. Some of us keep to ourselves, but for the most part we are all at least friendly, if not friends.

Being placed in a situation where I was forced to either befriend the girls around me or be without a companion for months at a time has been good for me. I have found that if I actually give it a try I can overlook small flaws and biases and focus on aspects about a person that I do enjoy. I am a good judge of personality and I utilize that here. I have made several close friends and quite a few acquaintances. I am not sure that any of them will extend beyond college or even a year, but there is time to think about that later. For now I will just enjoy my year.

1 comment:

Witney Fisher said...

As you continue to build relationships, you will begin to see those friends who will last forever! I promise. Happy to hear you are enjoying your hall community.