Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Studying...
I went to the library. Scary place... It is so unbelievably quiet. I tried looking around for a while and getting used to it and the place just freaked me out. The writing center is easy to get to and pretty convenient. As far as studying goes... That's funny. I have tried studying everywhere on this campus. I have tried my room. I have gone to the library. I sat outside at one of the tables for a while. I have spent time in the study room at the end of the hall. After doing all of that I discovered that my studying has very little to do with where I am. It has everything to do with my frame of mind. If studying is what I really want and need to do, I can block out any outside noise and do what I need to do. I can study outside... I can study in the library... I can study in my room or the dorm lobby or the student center or on a bus or a plane. It is all up to me and nothing else... And once you look at it you can see that this is really much worse than needing a specific place, because if I am unable to get myself in the right frame of mind, then no matter where I am, I will not be able to study. It is a bit of a predicament.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, I wish I had your will-power.
I agree, the library is a "scary place." I got lost on the third floor the last time I was there.
You could try different times of the day to study. I have to study in the afternoon or at night.
i know the study room on the end of our hall has proved difficult to study in, but i think you're right about it all being a frame of mind, i never really thought about it that way haha.
That's really interesting. I've never quite thought of my frame of mind when studying but now that I do. I realize your right.
Post a Comment